Information Security Manager
Accountable for establishing and maintaining corporate Information Security posture, including ISO 27001 compliance and certification. Role collaborates cross-functionally to ensure all resources comply with corporate and industry best practices.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in information systems and network security, including security operations, remain current with emerging trends and threats, and possess outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Develops overall security architecture and implements the tools and systems necessary to ensure operational efficacy
- Identifies opportunities for improvement through regular auditing of infrastructure component logs, review of incident logs, and leadership of security exercises
- Educates employee base on matters pertaining to Information Security, including corporate policy, security procedures, best practices and situational awareness
- Regularly reports on the company’s security operations and status to the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Responds to any threats on corporate infrastructure or services, owning both resolution and Root Cause Analysis
- Supports corporate compliance function through completion in internal and external assessments
- Remains current with changes in Information Security technology, threat landscape, and best practices
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all Federal and State guidelines and regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Computer Science, Information Security or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field preferred
- Minimum eight years’ experience in Information Security field in the Life Sciences industry
- Minimum five years’ experience with Information Security Operations
- Current CISSP or CISM required, CEH and PMP preferred, additional certifications welcome
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.