Experienced ECG Monitoring Technician
This position uses Company-provided software to monitor and interpret cardiac rhythms and provides telephone customer support in an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility. In addition, this position focuses on the routine identification, escalation, and resolution of urgent arrhythmias, as well as corresponding with clinicians and their representatives when appropriate.
- Must be able to perform the duties expected of Level l and Level ll Technicians
- Monitor ECG data on servers for customers throughout the United States
- Utilize company-specific software to read and interpret arrhythmias
- Understands physician criteria and notification of urgent events to ensure compliance with these standards and handles all urgent and important events that arise during their shift.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls with facilities and provides notification support to clients.
- Partner with quality assurance specialists, supervisors, and managers to ensure workflow is efficient and completed within established guidelines.
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- Only CCT Certified Technicians, state licensed RN or paramedic (collectively, a “Certified Technician”) may publish data and/or completed reports.
- One year or more experience reading electrocardiogram results
- Must pass written internal arrhythmia exams.
- Technicians with an error rate of less than 1% and who obtain their CCT will review work completed by other technicians and publish these studies.
Required License or Certification
CRAT required, CCT highly desired
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One year of experience as an ECG Technician required
- ECG interpretation experience required
- If not currently CCT certified, CCT Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire, or currently hold an active RN or Paramedic license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills
- Display excellent judgment at all time
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must have the dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, and eyesight necessary to see computer-generated wave patterns on a computer monitor for an entire shift.
Position is located in San Francisco, CA – no telecommuting, must live within commuting distance of office.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.